Mighty Writers is partnered with the Ellis Trust for Girls, which awards grants to girls in grades nine through twelve attending Philadelphia public and charter schools. Grants can cover academic and personal development programs and activities; college prep programs or college visits; and school-related needs such as a personal computer, books, uniforms, school supplies, musical instruments, sports equipment, and more.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Live in Philadelphia.
2. Live in a household where one or both parents are absent, or mentally or physically disabled.
3. Meet the family income eligibility requirements for reduced-price lunch under the National School Lunch Program.
4. Have grades of “C” or better in major school subjects.
5. Are making academic progress toward timely graduation.
6. Can prove their dependency status (name appears on their family’s tax return or DPA document).
7. Are in a family that does not own property other than their primary home.
If you or your teen qualify, complete an application today.